Unsolved Cases

This is a page dedicated to information on some of the world’s most famous unsolved mysteries. At the bottom of each unsolved case, I have noted down my theory and what I believe happened. I want to be able to share my theories, but more importantly raise awareness for so many cases that still unfortunately remain unsolved.

The Unsolved Murder Of Latricia White (1993) - Shreya Sachdev

DISCLAIMER: No disrespect is intended towards anyone that I talk about on this blog post. This blog post is for educational purposes and is being posted on this website in order to raise awareness about this case and to truly hope that the grieving families and friends of these victims find closure and finally find out what happened to their loved one(s). I have gathered all this information on the internet, but unfortunately I do not know how accurate or inaccurate it is. If I have made a mistake somewhere, then I apologize. It is not my intention to spread false information. 


Latricia White was born in November in 1965 in Travis County, Texas. She was a 38 year old nurse and a mother of two. She had recently divorced her husband in 1993 but they had been separated for a while before then. Now, Latricia was living with her boyfriend named Dub and his nine year old son named Chance who would occasionally visit them. Dub’s son, Chance, was the son of Gaye Williams who was Dub’s ex wife. Gaye Williams had full custody of Chance, but she would let him stay with his father and Latricia once in a while. It has been said that Dub was not a nice person at all. He was angry, violent, and jealous. Him and Latricia would fight all the time, and unfortunately Chance would always be in the middle of their arguments. Apparently, the reason why Dub and Gaye’s relationship did not work out was because of Dub’s abusive behavior. Gaye thought that Dub was a nice person when she met him, but over the course of time she quickly realized that he was actually a very unpredictable and violent man.

On December 17th in 1993, Chance went and stayed with Dub and Latricia at their home for a few days, but he was meant to spend Christmas with Gaye and her family. Things were going quite well for Chance, Dub, and Latricia, until the 23rd of December when a large argument came about due to the fact that Chance had left the sink on and the water overflowed. There was a lot of yelling between Latricia and Dub, as Latricia was angry at Chance and Dub was trying to defend him. This fight was so big that it even caused Dub to pack up his bags and leave for a little while with Chance. However, he soon calmed down and returned home with Chance. After this, things seemed to be fine and Chance was having such a good time that he even called his mother and asked her if he could stay with his father and Latricia for Christmas. Gaye responded by telling him that this was fine as long as he arranged another time to come back home soon after. On the 26th of December, Dub, Latricia, and Chance were seen at a restaurant smiling, laughing, and getting along. This was the last time Dub, Chance, and Latricia were seen.

The next day, the 27th of December, Latricia was due back at work, but she never showed up. This was very unusual and unlike Latricia because she was someone who would always show up to work and would never miss a day because she enjoyed her work so much. When she didn’t show up, her co-workers called her father to see if they knew where she was, but he responded by telling them that he had no idea. He then called Latricia himself but she didn’t pick up the phone. Panicked, he decided to go to Latricia’s house to see if everything was okay since he was worried that she wasn’t picking up his calls and that she hadn’t showed up to work. When he entered the house, everything seemed normal as there were no signs of forced entry or anything suspicious, but then he entered the bedroom and he found his daughter’s dead body laying on the ground. Experts said that she had been dead for about a day, and that she had been shot six times in her sleep. In her blood, there was also a footprint of a child. This footprint belonged to Chance. This either meant that Chance witnessed the entire crime and saw Latricia being killed when he was just nine years old, or he saw what happened to her after the crime was over - something that is extremely traumatizing for a nine year old child. However, Dub and Chance were nowhere to be found which is why the police’s first steps were to find Dub and Chance as Dub was the prime suspect in this case since all the reports coming in from family and friends stated that Dub was an extremely abusive husband.

Three days after Latricia’s body had been discovered, police found a lead. They found Dub’s pickup truck 40km away from Latricia’s house in a high crime area in Austin, Texas. The truck had been abandoned, but inside of it they found Dub’s wallet, checkbook, and hunting rifle (which had apparently not been used.) In his truck, they found spare tires and many Christmas presents that had not been opened yet. On the presents, there was also blood. There was not enough blood that would lead someone to believe that a serious injury had happened, but there was still blood which indicated that some sort of harm had been done. Due to lack of DNA testing, experts were not able to figure out if the blood was Chance’s or Dub’s.

Early in 1994, Chance’s grandfather received a phone call and this phone call came from a young boy who said “help me help me” and he could hear the phone being snatched from the young boy’s hand and it being hung up in a very brutal manner. Chance’s grandfather remains certain that this phone call was from Chance, and that it was in no doubt him. However, the rest of his family believe that this phone call could have been some sort of prank call. This is the last piece of information there is in this case.

Which theory do I believe?

I’m sorry, but there are some people out there who believe that Dub and Chance fell victim to the same person that Latricia fell victim to, and I think that that’s absolutely nonsense. It seems pretty obvious to me on the 23rd of December in 1993, Dub became so furious with Latricia that when he took off with Chance, he took off in order to clear his mind and carefully think through his plan. I believe that due to Latricia’s conflict with Chance, Dub was married that Latricia wouldn’t want him to see Chance anymore, or that Gaye wouldn’t feel comfortable sending Chance to Dub’s home anymore. This is why he decided to run away with Chance, so that he would be able to see his son whenever he wanted. He killed Latricia, and then took off with Chance and they are now living somewhere in isolation. I don’t believe that Chance has been harmed in anyway, and I do believe that Dub has been trying his hardest to take care of his son, but Chance obviously misses his mother which is why he made that phone call to his grandfather. Furthermore, the blood on the presents must have been Dub’s blood. I believe that after Dub killed Latricia, he got some of her blood on himself accidentally, and as he was picking up the Christmas presents he got some blood on them too. Dub killed Latricia and then kidnapped Chance.

Bibliography & Credit: Fiori, Bella, director. The Case Of Latricia White. YouTube, YouTube, 15 Dec. 2018, www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtEtU-udplI.

Shreya Sachdev